Friday, February 26, 2010

Hair regrowth on a puncture wound.?

I recently had a puncture wound on the back of my head. I looked at the mirror and saw half an inch scar with hair loss. I touched the scar, and it feels hard and swollen. I am wondering if there is possible hair re-growth and if the scar will recover back to normal as it was before?Hair regrowth on a puncture wound.?
Unfortunately it will most likely stay like that. But your problem is not the worst possible when it comes to hair loss. I have male pattern baldness and am going to lose most of my hair in a few years.Hair regrowth on a puncture wound.?
Most scars don't regrow hair... I had a tumor removed and the surgeon decided he was going to ';hide'; the scar in my eyebrow. I wish he had just cut through my regular skin, because even now, 17 years later, there's a big gap in my left brow where the hair couldn't grow on the scar.





As for regrowth of head hair on a scar, I wouldn't hold my breath for that either. I know several people who've had a variety of head injuries (craniectomy, burn, blunt impact, knife wounds) and now have prominent scars that are clearly visible.





Best bet; if it's possible, just grow your hair out.
probably not. hair doesn't usually grow back over a scar.
Hair does not grow in scar tissue. Fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment