Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hair Regrowth after chemo?

Well i'm 17 years old and wanted to know how long it takes hair to grow back from chemo. that has been the hardest thing for me to deal with during this time. maybe it's just me but i feel like being blad is just screaming ';i have cancer show me sympathy';. i just dont want to be noticed and have people asking ';what wrong with me';. well back to my origanal question. does anyone know how long it takes to grow back in?





Thank you for readingHair Regrowth after chemo?
It should start coming back in immediately but more than likely the initial growth will be more like fuzz than hair. I think I was back to using a comb within 4 months. You're almost there!!! Consider it your badge of courage and strength. Before you know it your head will be back to normal.Hair Regrowth after chemo?
Actually, I got a kick out of having a bald pate. It saved a lot of money at the beauty salon. As I was leaving the oncologist's office after my last chemo, I asked, ';is my hair growing yet';. My sister, who is also a cancer survivor, sent me a great T-shirt that said ';With a Body Like This Who Needs Hair';....





I finished chemo in late October of 2005 and had a nice peach fuzz cap by Christmas. I never wore wigs, just hats and scarves. I think my hair was finally long enough for a cut by June. Personally, I think bald rocks!
Hi sweetheart. I'm in the same situation. I finished chemo about eight weeks ago and I have one layer of hair on my head. I shall be glad to get rid of that flaming wig! I think it takes about 6 months to get a proper head of hair.





Good luck and all the best. Hang in there - you will be ok.
6 to 8 weeks and you'll get some sprouts, hunny. Feel better soon.
A friend of mine just went through this. She spent about two weeks completely bald, but now, six weeks after stopping chemo, her hair's coming back.
Hey there, I am not going to show you any sympathy, but I will give you lots of empathy.


You have to stay focused and strong.


The loss of hair, usually means someone is undergoing chemo. Thousands in fact. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and stay positive. No matter how hard it gets.


When your chemo therapy stops........your hair should grow back in about six months.
Forever. It takes forever. Because you're so young, it'll probably grow in faster than mine is. I sort of like sympathy myself; it's better than the frickin' hats. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment