Friday, February 26, 2010

A side effect of Topamax is hair loss. After it is discontinued, how long does it take for hair regrowth?

I did not see that hair loss was a side effect. Ur hair will grow back when it does. I'm sending U a site %26amp; what I found.





What are the possible side effects of Topamax?


Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop taking Topamax and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:


sudden vision loss, pain around or behind your eyes;





dry mouth, increased thirst, confusion, drowsiness, decreased sweating, increased body temperature, and hot, dry skin,





nausea, vomiting, increased urination, muscle pain or weakness, fast heart rate, feeling light-headed, fainting, or seizure (convulsions); or





severe pain in your side or lower back, painful or difficult urination.





Continue taking Topamax and talk to your doctor if you have any of these less serious side effects:





slowed thinking, memory problems, trouble concentrating;





problems with speech or balance;





numbness or tingling;





anxiety, depressed mood, sleep problems (insomnia);





tired feeling;





headache, dizziness;





loss of appetite, weight loss; or





changes in behavior, depression, nervousness, or agitation.





Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.





http://www.drugs.com/topamax.html





Hope this helps U.A side effect of Topamax is hair loss. After it is discontinued, how long does it take for hair regrowth?
I had horrible hair loss from taking topomax for only 2 weeks. The sad part is, it didn't stop falling out when I discontinued it. My daughter is a cosmetologist and she told me the topo causes the hair follicles to close. What has fallen out, wont grow back, but the hair loss should stop when you discontinue the drug. The Topo really messed up my cycle too. I think my adrenals took a hard hit from just two weeks on the drug. For me it was not worth it. I was stupid, depressed and started having panic attacks on it. I would loose blocks of time. Huge blocks. I would get in the shower and when I got out look at the clock and realize I had been in there forever............was I just standing there? I would stare at the computer screen for long blocks of time and not realize it. It was scary. For migrain sufferers, if this works, its a wonder drug for those people, but to take it for weight loss alone, I would never do it again. Just my experiance. Of course, everyone is differant


Anneeee


10/24/2006

No comments:

Post a Comment