Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hair regrowth after shaving - what irritates me is ......?

Not a question really - but I get really annoyed when people say hair grows back thicker when shaved. IT DOESN'T !! What happens is it grows back with a blunt end rather than a tapered natural end. If it grew back thicker - can you imagine what men's faces would look like after just one year of shaving never mind 50 years !





Sorry - it just bothers me when people respond with inaccurate information. And waxing gives much better results.Hair regrowth after shaving - what irritates me is ......?
agree with youHair regrowth after shaving - what irritates me is ......?
Or how about that whenever you shave more hair grows back?
Hmm...if something like that is going to irritate you...you'd be best of staying away from answers as there is a ton of inaccurate information posted about much more important subjects.





And yes, waxing does give much better results...I just wish I had the patience to let the hair grow out on my legs long enough to wax them.
I agree - a completely accurate statement! Hope you feel better now that the rant is over!
It really does grow back thicker tho - I have blonde hair and can be a testament of this!





I am waiting to get my first wax done and so I've been growing out my leg hairs. They are long enough that I can see more than just the blunt end that you speak of. I can also see that they really are thicker and in fact darker!!





There are some blond hairs further up my leg that I've never shaved because they don't see the sun that often and are practically invisble - and they are still as light and soft as the ones I've been shaving once were!





Another example: there are some hairs on my very lower belly - right above my pubic area that when I was younger and wanted to be hair free for my bf I shaved. Since then its no longer been a question and I have to shave them because they too have begun growing in darker and thicker then the rest of my blonde hairs. The same can be said if you shave too low - a lil past your ankles and you can start growing thicker hairs at the top of your feet.





In short: maybe its different or harder to notice with people who have dark hair already, but with continuous shaving of my hairs (everywhere for that matter) they are NOTICABLY darker, quicker to grow back and most importantly - thicker!!





Also: another example would be men who shave their heads. Ask any male who shaves their head and they will tell you that it has definately started to grow back in thicker. Many parents I know tell me that they had to stop shaving their kids hair because it would no longer grow in nice and soft!!





AND: as for the men's face thing? They definately do grow in thicker - for one thing, many young men desperate to grow facial hair will start shaving the thin hairs that they have because it stimulates thicker ones to grow back. On the flip side, men who don't want to be bothered with a 5 o'clock shadow make it a point to only shave when necessary - they too have noticed that the more they shave the more they have too.





I know that there are a lot of myths out there - but know that I base all of my answers on events that have happened to me personally! Again: maybe its different for different people, but in my case hairs DO grow back thicker when shaved.
This is very true!
You are right,


But hair GROWTH definitely thickens with shaving.


Waxing does reduce growth.


And I do not see a Q to reply to.
well said %26amp; i agree.
never thought about the mens faces answer good thinking. !!
I couldn't agree more.
I think this myth is perpetuated by companies selling waxing products. They would all like us to think that the easy solution, shaving, is bad for us!
But a blunt end is thicker than a tapered end which is why some would say that, ok so it's not a lot thicker and it doesn't continue to get thicker and thicker etc after each shave but the mid section of hair is thicker than the ned which is why it feels rougher, and once the end is sliced off from shaving that hair growing through is actually much coarser.

No comments:

Post a Comment